Remedy Health Media, LLC
We may refer to you or any individual that uses the Site as “you” or “your” or a “user.” If we use the term “RHM Entities,” in addition to us, that term means and includes our sponsors, affiliates, suppliers, promotional partners, operational service providers, agents and representatives.
2. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW COLLECTED. When you access or visit the Site, we and our operational service providers (as defined in the “Disclosure to Third Parties” section below) and others who host the Site often use “cookies” and other technologies that may recognize, collect and/or transmit information that is associated with you or your device. These various technologies may recognize, collect and/or transmit information about your visits to the Site, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the Internet or web domain that referred you, the type of operating system and browser you are using, the date and time of your visit, data relating to activities on the Site (e.g., so-called “clickstream” data) and other technological attributes about your visit to the Site. We may use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, provide promotional material of interest to users, track user movements on the Site and gather aggregate demographic information about visitors so we can continually improve the Site.
Cookies and other technologies may also allow the Site to recognize your computer or device each time it is used to visit the Site, track how you use the Site, track your preferences for features and functions and, if the Site has registration or similar features, they can store information such as your user name and password so you don’t have to re-enter them each time you return to visit.
Most Internet browsers allow you to delete or disable cookies by changing the settings on your Internet browser. However, please note, deleting or disabling cookies may affect your ability to use certain features and functions of the Site and it may also require you to re-enter certain information each time you visit or attempt to use the Site. You should consult the operating instructions that apply to your browser to determine how to best configure your browser settings for your needs.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED. The term “Personal Information” refers to any information you provide in connection with your use of the Site by which you can be personally identified. Personal Information may include such things as your name, mobile phone number, street address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, photographs of yourself, credit card data when you purchase our products and services, and any other information which might reasonably be used to identify you. We may also collect Personal Information related to your health, for example, whether you have high blood pressure or what type of medicine you are taking.
6. CHILDREN. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has provided Personal Information to us please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are 13 or older but still a minor in the state in which you reside (typically under 18 years of age, or older in some jurisdictions, if the age of majority is older), you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before using the Site. Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, we do not knowingly provide any personally identifying information about minors, regardless of its source, to third parties, nor is this information knowingly used by us for any marketing or promotional purposes. Minors are not allowed to participate in contests or sweepstakes on the Site. If you do not satisfy this age requirement, you are not permitted to use or enter the Site.
7. THIRD PARTY LINKS. The Site may contain or display information from co-sponsors, advertisers, retailers, social networks, operational service providers or other unaffiliated third parties (each, a “Third Party”) that offer to make information, goods or services available, provide opportunities to participate in promotions or engage in activities or that link or redirect your browser to other websites, materials or organizations. Neither the RHM Entities nor University are responsible for the privacy or data use practices at these external websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions for these web sites. If you have any questions regarding the information gathering or dissemination activities of other web sites, you should consult the privacy policies and terms and conditions contained on those web sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Site.
8. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES. Our policy is to not sell, rent, lease, provide or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated entities unless specifically described here or in any other terms that may apply to your use of the Site. We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information to any Third Party we engage for the purpose of administering, operating, configuring site design, maintaining and providing internal support for the Site and Content on the Site. These Third Parties are called “operational service providers” and provide internal support to operations and activities and for Site design, development, advertising, hosting and operations. For example, we may employ operational service providers to send direct emails on our behalf or to provide information technology support. We may also use operational service providers to display or serve advertising on the Site, run promotions, and distribute email messages or web-based newsletters and other information.
The third parties with whom we share your Personal Information include: iProduction, Google and Wiland. Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your Personal Information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
We also reserve the right to make your Personal Information available to Third Parties in the following situations:
- when compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, a court or other legal process;
- if we believe you are or may be a threat to the safety, property, interests or rights of RHM, University or others;
- in order to investigate, respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests;
- in a merger, acquisition, change of control, joint venture or other business combination;
- when you otherwise consent.
9. AGGREGATE OR ANONYMIZED DATA. RHM may, either by itself or in coordination with its business partners and RHM operational service providers, create aggregate or anonymized data sets from the Personal Information that we collect. As a general matter, aggregate and anonymized data sets do not include your Personal Information and cannot be used to identify you. We may disclose such aggregate or anonymized data sets with our business partners; for example, our business partners may use such aggregate or anonymized data sets in order to conduct research and analysis. Our business partners include Google and Wiland.
Please note that you may continue to receive emails from us for up to ten (10) days following your unsubscribing.
11. SECURITY. We maintain a reasonable standard of security and try to limit information access to individuals who need to have such access to perform their responsibilities associated with the Site and the Content on the Site. Despite these efforts, no system can ever be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee that the Personal Information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access. By using the Site you are agreeing to assume this risk and any and all responsibility and liability that may arise.
12. CORRECTING OR UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you have provided your Personal Information to us, you can update or delete it by logging into your account or contacting us at email@example.com. Although we may provide you with the ability to update or delete Personal Information directly on the Site, some Personal Information may not be changed or deleted by you and may require you to contact RHM for verification.
14. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING. We may use third-party advertising companies and advertising networks to serve ads to you on our behalf when you visit the Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, telephone number or employment history) about your visits to the Site and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
16. INTERNATIONAL USERS. The Site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer and to our use of that information in accordance with this policy. When you provide personal data to us or our service providers or vendors, you consent to the processing of your data in the United States as the Site are operated in the United States.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES TREAT YOUR INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT FROM, AND LESS PROTECTIVE THAN, THE TREATMENT REQUIRED UNDER THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US, OR MAKE USE OF THE SITE.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOING WAIVER DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. THE GDPR. With respect to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to data processing agreements, you have rights in relation to the Personal Information we hold about you. We set out and outline above those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that for each of the rights above we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, in such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
© 2016 – 2018 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.