Ask the Experts: Bowlegs

Q. I’ve seen several people lately who are bowlegged—or bandy-legged as my father called it. What could be causing that besides rickets, which I thought wasn’t an issue anymore in the U.S.? Medically called genu varum, bowlegs are characterized by legs that curve outward, leaving a space between the knees. It can occur in one […]

Related Articles

  • May 1, 2020

    Everyone has at least some “postural sway,” the term for body movement that occurs horizontally—either…

  • September 1, 2020

    Hamstring injuries are common among athletes—even highly trained ones like Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt, who…